Fleur de Savagnin
The barrels of this savagnin are regularily topped-up (ullage). It should be enjoyed at 12°C on asian or spicy dishes.
100 % savagnin on grey marl soils. Barrels always topped.
- Return of 35 to 40 hl/ha
- Hand harvest and strong selection during harvest.
- Pneumatic press for gentle extraction on whole clusters of grapes.
- Indigenous yeasts, between 0 and 30mg/l of sulphur added to the must, depending on the acidity and general heath of the must.
- Settling of the must for 12 hours with no added product.
- Start of alcoholic fermentation in tanks at temperatures inferior to 22°C controlled by a system of cooling coils.
- Second stage of alcoholic fermentation in 228 litre barrels, no new barrels.
- Malolactic fermentation in barrels the following spring with top-ups of the ullage every 10 days without So2.
- For a mineral taste, vinification in old wooden barrels, on the lees. Barrels are regularly topped up for 18 months at least, with no added sulphite.
- Bottling is according to Maria Thun’s lunar calendar. If necessary, the wine may be filtered and up to 15mg of So2 may be added depending on its reaction to the air.
Domaine de la Tournelle - 5, Petite Place - 39600 ARBOIS - Tel. 0033384662576
1 visitors since January 1, 2017.