Les Corvées sous Curon
This wine keeps extremely well and can be enjoyed over fine fishes or lobster.
Chardonnay produced on gravel and early Jurassic limestone gravel rich clay soils around the lieu-dit « le corvées sous curon ». All plots are based on organic and biodynamic agriculture.
- Return of 40 hl/ha
- Hand harvest and strong selection during harvest.
- Pneumatic press for gentle extraction on whole clusters of grapes.
- Indigenous yeasts, between 0 and 20mg/l of sulphur added to the must, depending on the acidity and general heath of the must.
- Settling of the must for 12 hours with no added product.
- Start of alcoholic fermentation in tanks at temperatures inferior to 22°C controlled by a system of cooling coils.
- Second stage of alcoholic fermentation in 228 litre barrels, no new barrels.
- Malolactic fermentation in barrels the following spring with top-ups of the ullage every 10 days without So2.
- For a mineral taste, vinification in old wooden barrels, on the lees. Barrels are regularly topped up for 18 to 24 months at least, with no added sulphite.
- Bottling according to Maria Thun’s lunar calendar. If necessary, the wine may be filtered and up to 15mg of So2 may be added depending on its reaction to the air.
Domaine de la Tournelle - 5, Petite Place - 39600 ARBOIS - Tel. 0033384662576
1 visitors since January 1, 2017.