Savagnin de Voile
The spicy aromas of this vintage accompanies perfectly tradition Jura dishes such as cream morels, but also oriental cuisine and dishes based on curry, safron, ginger, chilli…
100 % savagnin on grey marl soils.
This Savagnin is kept under its veil (barrels are not topped), as is the case for Vin Jaune, for about 3 years.
- Very much the Vin Jaune ‘s little brother.
- This vintage stems for the yearly selective sorting of the ageing Vin Jaune barrels. Only a third of the barrels which are never topped with have the character to endure the 7 years ageing to become Vin Jaune. The other barrels will be assembled to create the Savagnin de voile.
- Return of 30 to 35 hl/ha
- Hand harvest and strong selection during harvest.
- Pneumatic press for gentle extraction on whole clusters of grapes.
- Indigenous yeasts, between 0 and 30mg/l of sulphur added to the must, depending on the acidity and general heath of the must.
- Settling of the must for 12 hours with no added product.
- Start of alcoholic fermentation in tanks at temperatures inferior to 22°C controlled by a system of cooling coils.
- Second stage of alcoholic fermentation in 228 litre barrels, no new barrels.
- Malolactic fermentation in barrels the following spring, or after a year in foudre barrels in a cool cellar.
- Bottling according to Maria Thun’s lunar calendar. If necessary, the wine may be filtered and up to 15mg of So2 may be added depending on its reaction to the air.
Domaine de la Tournelle - 5, Petite Place - 39600 ARBOIS - Tel. 0033384662576
1 visitors since January 1, 2017.